Thursday, May 2, 2013

April 14, 2013

From Mom: This has been a really busy week for us! I've been on the phones everyday but today and will be on 11 hrs tomorrow. I took 19 calls yesterday during my 9, almost 10 hr shift. We clear the queue if we are on at the end of the night. I got 2 or 3 calls after 10 (which is closing).

The next few weeks are going to be a little hectic, too. 11 hr shift on Monday, my visiting teachers, companion and the gals we visit teach may come over Tuesday to help me pack the rest of the house. Friday I will be going down to Draper to meet Dad. He's going to come in with his trainer either Friday or Saturday. If he tests out he may get his own truck. Dad just told me that the guy who would test him isn't there anymore so he's not sure if that will happen this weekend or not. I'll get back to Idaho in time for choir on Tuesday. We're going to sing in the ward talent show on Wednesday night then Karlene and I leave early Thursday to go to Seattle for the TVYA competition. We'll get back early Sunday morning. That's what's going on for the next 2 weeks.

Conference was awesome! There were lots of good talks. Oh, I talked to the missionary serving here from Singapore. He said that you won't be able to use your debit card there but you should see what the bank can do for you. His recommendation was May Bank. There are some banks in Malaysia that he said weren't very good and May has the best exchange rates! His brother just started taking the discussions in Singapore. I don't know his 1st name but the elder's name is Elder Hong.

I'm beginning to wonder if Michael will go on his mission. I haven't asked him but want him to do what's best for him. I just hate not knowing and am not very patient for something like that.

I saw a neat sight! It froze last night and some people now have their sprinklers running. One of the yards, along Ustick, had their sprinklers going. They have an evergreen tree in their yard and the lower limbs were drooping down to the ground, heavy with ice! The ground where the water hit was icy, too.

We're heading up to Grandma's so I'm going to let you go.

From Dad: Today's a good day and a bad day. It's a bad day is because we're in California at a chocolate factory where they usually give out free samples but there's no one here to give out free samples. It's a good day because the sun is out, sky is clear, it's warm and we're going to have cherry cobbler. We've got 38,000 lbs of chocolate that we're taking to Pennsylvania. I saw the salt flats a bit for the first time while I was driving last night. The wind was sure blowing hard across them! Then I drove across Nevada to California and we're on our way back again. We'll probably stop by the world's largest truck stop on our way thru.

From Michael: I bought a laser pointer and was shining it on the floor and Alex's body while he chased it and might know where it's coming from. 

What are ex-pats? I'm now attending temple-prep. I'm know doing busy work for Tumura again instead of throughing onions.
thats it

From Karlene: I am having fun! school is slowly coming to an end. Cumorah made me a bride's maid. Alex is so big, he is taller then most full grown cats now at 9 months.great pictures by the way.

From Faline: I spent most of the week at Dee Dee's. I had fun going to Whitney's house. Mom has a picture of Seth climbing their tree in the back yard. Today I'm going to Grandma's house. Miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment