Sunday, February 17, 2013

February 10, 2013

Well, well...where to start. Dad left again last night to head back to Salt Lake. He starts Monday, again. This time we hope he gets past the first 2 days. I'm sure he will. He got to Salt Lake about 6:30 this morning. Carrie (Glenn & Carrie) picked him up and took him to their place to change and go with them to church. Dad also has his temple clothes with him.
 
Leah's daughter is getting married in the Mt Timpanogos temple next Saturday. The rest of the family is tentatively going down with Grandma & Al on Friday. They are staying with George, Al's brother-in-law (Donna's brother). We will probably see if we can stay with Matt & Lori. Karlene & Faline don't have school Monday so maybe we can stay until then and I can show everyone our new apartment. Maybe we can arrange an audition with her perspective choir teacher at Hillcrest High.
 
Edward and Leah may move to Logan, UT, to go back to school then we'd be able to see them more often.
 
We listed our house for sale last Tuesday. We've already had 5 people look at it! If prices are better here than in Utah we will rent a storage unit here. If not, we'll have all your stuff and Michael's stuff at our apt complex in an onsite garage. We've sold a bunch of furniture and given away stuff so the house seems a little emptier. Dad and I found a bedroom set and dining set we like at RC Willey.
 


Last Sunday Sister Durham told about a single mother who would be in need of bunk beds and dining room set, among other furniture, so I offered our dining set and the XL twin bunk beds. We'll find out if she will need them when March rolls around.
 
Katherine Hughes, large lady who worked with us at DirecTV and has a son on a mission, died Thursday. I just found out from a post from Ghizmo on Facebook. Jeremiah is out on his mission somewhere in Texas. They weren't on very good terms when he left. Hopefully he will finish his mission, though.
 
We'll probably be staying with Matt & Lori next weekend. I'll be sure to take a computer so we can still write to you. I'm not sure if Dad will still be in Salt Lake or gone by then. It would be nice to see him but okay if he's already on a truck on the road. It should be a fun weekend!
 
I set up a Skype account for Dad so that, if he has the opportunity, he can call and see me. Tax clients are calling and coming fairly often so the money is coming in when we need it. We ran out of propane (already!) Friday night and had to call V1 to bring more on Saturday. Hopefully this is the last delivery we need before we move. If the temperature stays a little warmer it shouldn't need to be refilled. Because I got some money from doing taxes we had enough to pay for the propane. The [smoke] alarms went off for over 24 hrs but we disconnected most of them so we didn't have to listen to that awful sound! We also didn't have heat so that really was a rough night. Michael is completely done with his papers -- they are in the bishop's court now!
 
Reply from Summer: That is ok if the candy corn is replaced. The dinning and bed room set look really good. Saya suka (I like). There is one coat that I want to keep that isn't so great and that is my ratty green coat that I got from Angila and I wont my leather coats also. Are you taking my chester drors to the new place? I like them and they have survived so much. Be sure to send me pictures from the weding, I'm still waiting on the ones from Flint's. That will be awesome if Edward and Leah are so close. Is dad excited to be driving semi again. I forgot my cord again so no pictures this time. We found out about transfers to day and I'm staying in Singapore till further notice (next transfers at least). I'm going to have a new companion though. I got to see a Lion Dance last week and hopefully today I'll get to see a Dragon Dance.

Mom: Here's a few of Flent & Amy.
 

This is what she looked like on the day of... Cleopatra Amy!

This must be after, the new Mr. and Mrs. Flent Ballantyne.
 
Dad: I guess I'm in round 2. I'm back here in Utah, Salt Lake. I'll be talking to Pride. No one said anything nice about England but they haven't said anything bad about Pride. You know, I heard really interesting things about the church, there's an MTC in Mexico and someplace else. When anyone goes on a mission in that region they go the the MTC in that region instead of the one in Provo. The church expects membership to double or quadruple in a short time. I spent the day today at my cousins' in Utah, Glenn and Carrie. I went to church with them, that was fun but I fell asleep in Sacrament meeting but that's not unusual for me. Your mom's sure excited about moving to Utah and I think you will like to too. If she can't sell something right away she gives it away. I have a private hotel room, don't have to share, with a refrigerator even. My stay includes a continental breakfast. I left at 10:30pm last night from Nampa to Salt Lake. When I got to Boise they said that these tickets are for tomorrow night but they went ahead and got me on board anyway. I had a bunch of luggage with me, one that goes under the bus. It was within a pound of being too heavy. And it's your suitcase! I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your giant duffle. I swear, they put bus stations in the skuzziest parts of town! I saw a guy passing drugs and someone else came in with a stabbed hand. I spent the day with Carrie, Lori and Matt and their children. Glenn came in from Las Vegas later. They asked how you were and wanted to know all about Singapore.  It was interesting because it was blizzarding up at Carrie and Lori's but down in the valley it was clear. Just thought you'd like to hear that.

Karlene: yes i am allowed to email from school when we have an assignment. wow i wonder what that looks like and the flowers are very pretty. Michael is getting ready for a mission and saw the bishop today. Alex found a mouse while i was making my breakfast. the mouse came in through the hole beside the dishwasher and Michael threw it out the front.
yesterday we all woke up at 3:35 in the morning because the smoke detectors went off. not sure if the one in your old room turned off yet or if it is still buzzing.
 
Faline: I got to the part where I got to defeat Dr Nefarius in Ratchet and Clank: Crack in Time. We are selling the house and I think Mom already told you that. Dad got a new career in Salt Lake, which is where we are moving. How are you doing in Singapore? Do they have fans like in China and Japan? Mom found a curriculum that is LDS-based. I went to McDonald's twice this week. I really miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment