Monday, February 18, 2013

February 17, 2013


Mom: It's kinda funny. Austin McRae left for his mission in December, I think, and is getting reassigned for the next transfer rotation (6 weeks) to the Idaho Boise Mission. Then he goes on to Mexico. Weird, huh?
Dad went through his orientation without a hitch. He passed all his tests and has a DOT card good for a year (physical part). That ended Wednesday then he spent all day Thursday riding the TRAX and getting to know where it went. We're getting a little impatient with the apt complex because they have asked us to fill out two applications and now want us to do it a 3rd time. Whatever. I sold a few more things off the place to our new neighbors, the Lambsons and finally learned her name: Emilee. They are really sweet and are taking care of the cats while we are away. One more family went through the house yesterday but I haven't heard if they are making an offer on it or not. If we don't get a buyer by May 30th it sounds like the bank will go through with the trustee's sale. Either way we're moving to Midvale so it doesn't really matter.

We're staying with Matt & Lori and their family. Today is Matt's birthday so we're going over to Carrie's for the celebration. We visited their ward and had lots of people come up and talk to us. Some wards aren't that friendly.
There are a few pictures of different things. The cats sleep on D.O.G., Bill & Erin's critters. Even without claws Alex can still catch mice! He caught one coming out from under the dishwasher last Sunday. It was pretty tuckered out by the time we left for church. When we got home it was laid out for us to admire right inside the front door, dead. His personality hasn't changed much and he can still do damage when he gets feisty but it's nice that he doesn't have claws anymore. One of Leah's sons is featured every now and then on Studio C from BYU TV, Stacy. Richie is a semi-pro football player but wants to go to shcool up here in Utah. Ji is another daughter and there's one we didn't meet who attends BYU Hawaii and will graduate later this year. It's nice to get to see everyone! When you get home you will find out how close everyone is to where we're going to live.

Dad: Well, I've been un Utah for about a week now. I'm getting ready to go to church in the same ward I went to last week. Last week I couldn't stay awake. Maybe I can today. As you probably guessed I'm not in a truck yet. The truck I'm going to be riding in won't be in the area until Wednesday or Thursday. They were going to give me a bus ticket home but I told them, instead of giving me a bus ticket give me one more night stay in the hotel because my wife is coming down Friday so that's what they did. I had a day to kill so I was planning on taking the TRAX around town, maybe get a day pass, but another truck driver gave me his pass that's good 'til the end of the bus. I got to know the train system pretty good. Edward and Leah came up from Texas. Her daughter, Anda (Alexandria), got married. I got to meet most of Leah's children at the wedding and reception. The day after Valentine's Day I took your mother to a restaurant called The Garden at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. I think she liked it. Mom & Al are here, Edward & Leah, our family, however I feel sorry for Glenn & Carrie and Matt & Lori -- we're all crashing at their homes for now. Your mother's going to attach some pictures from the Joseph Smith Memorial Building as well as a couple others.

Michael: I got to go to a reseption for one of Leah's daughters. the food and hot chocolat was delishis. I also have no idea why the alarms went off, mom and dad do have a theory though. As for going to Indonesha, that might be a fun mission, but it would be funny if I surved in Provo Utah. Being in Utah with relitive is nice but I will miss Idaho it's a state that is fun to live in.

Karlene: wow. yep it seems like the house is in protest. the ausition got canceled because the person went out of town for the weekend. we got to go to Utah and see our cousins and celebrate Matt Soren's b-day. he is 34 now.

Faline: I'm at our cousins' house. I have had a great time but I don't know what my lesson in Primary is going to be about. I got to watch movies and play with my Legos on the way down here. We got to see Hotel Transylvania, again, last night at Glenn & Carrie's house. That was after the reception. We met some more of my cousins there.


Alex with the mouse he caught after he'd been declawed


Dan & Anda


Just outside the Mt Timpanogos Temple


Look at the name of the outfit! It's the name of Al's ranch.


This is sideways but looks kinda cool with Faline and Alex.


View from The Garden Restaurant at the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in Salt Lake City


One of Uncle Bill's cats sitting on their dog, D.O.G. They like to sleep on him since he's so warm and doesn't seem to mind


No comments:

Post a Comment