Sunday, December 23, 2012

December 23, 2012

From Mom:
 It snowed today but didn't stick long. We still don't have enough snow for a snowman. We have a noble fir Christmas tree this year. I got a good deal! I also got a cute reindeer made of wood and pine that sits on the porch. Michael put up some lights on the house. I need to find more but I'm a little disappointed that there aren't any colored lights on the market. They were all sold over the Thanksgiving weekend so I settled for clear lights. They still look okay.

The Relief Society presidency gave us the new Teachings of the Prophets manual, Lorenzo Snow, a little book to read the Book of Mormon in 100 days and a jar of jam. I'm on day 6. Each day gives the scriptures to read, one to mark, a short thought from a general authority and a question to ponder about the reading.

Skype would be great! Then we can all listen in and maybe see you, if you have video ability. Just let us know about what time to expect your call. It would be fun if you could call the night before, while everyone is at Grandma's but I'm not sure what time that would be in Singapore. We're having dinner at 5pm-ish. Then you could talk to everyone at the same time. If you're 15 hours ahead then it would be around 11am. Our power went out so we may not all get a letter out to you. This is being finished on my cell phone. Dad got the local job with Adam Walker as his trainer so we won't be moving away from the area and can hopefully wait until after tax season to move. Hope you have a great Christmas away from home! I sent a box to you last Friday so it will be a couple of weeks coming to you. Pay special attention to the Christmas card. We will use the MC and you can use your debit card.


From Dad:
It"s almost Christmas and guess what? I'm not in the Elders Quorum presidency anymore. They released me. Other than that I don't know what to say. I will be lucky if I even get a chance to send you a letter...the power is gone out and I am going home teaching.  I'm looking forward to talk with you for Christmas!

From Karlene:
Yep he is. I found him playing in a presant bag that I got from 1 of my secret santas. I got a card with money in it and mom told you about the ding dong ditch. How are you doing on your mission?  I had another rm in my seminary class. He had a few bathroom expieiences wich were very funny. 


No comments:

Post a Comment